Wednesday, 30 November 2011

The Track Record...

1994 - Three affairs already I had suspicions only...

1995 - A sexual encounter with someone at a church camp makes it four...

1997 - Two more affairs (now six), one when the twins were 3 months old (culminating in a sexual encounter on the eve of the babies "Dedication") and our eldest not yet 2 years, with a married cell member that was exposed by her husband. C was called in by the Church Leadership as he was a worship leader and "disciplined". I was devastated, it took me five years to totally heal and gain my trust back.

The other six months later after we had publicly renewed our vows, I was oblivious and he was leading worship again...

1998 - Now seven under the belt!

2004 - One more that I blew open (now 8). At this point in time I was only aware of four affairs in total and once again choose to reconcile and give him another chance. He gave me a new ring as a symbol of his commitment...

2007 - Three more during the course of this year (now 11), one was a long term affair that lasted the entire year. I had no inkling but was suspicious of the "friendship". It is also the year that we moved to Stutterheim & our eldest turned 13. This pic was taken at his birthday party where C blessed and validated him as a young man. He ironically gave him a ring to remind him to stay sexually pure...

2011 - Two more affairs. One for 3 years (started in 2008), the other for 8 months (started in 2011). Both simultaneously. The three year affair was one of the most cruel as he brought her home for a whole year over weekends under the guise that she could assist in our tea garden. She became a friend that brutally abused my trust.

The grand total: 13 affairs (12 people, one with the same person a few years apart) over a period of nearly 22 years of marriage.

Is there REALLY any hope for a change of lifestyle??? I'm feeling very angry, despondent and hopeless today...

No comments:

Post a Comment